Full colour printing is produced by using four ink colours: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black – this is known as four colour process printing.
It is also possible to print with ink of an exact colour; these colours are categorised using a system developed by Pantone, which gives each colour a Pantone Matching System (PMS) number e.g. Pantone 032 which is a pillar box red colour.
We can print in Pantone spot colours onto the extensive list of materials shown under the heading Choice of Materials (i.e. "Stock Type and Colour") a little lower down this page.
Finished Flat Sizes for Spot Pantone Colour Printing
Our standard sizes are:
- 55mm x 85mm (Credit Card)
- 110mm x 85mm (Double Credit Card size)
- 170mm x 55mm (Also, Double Credit Card size)
- 105mm x 148mm (A6)
- 99mm x 210mm (1/3 A4)
- 210mm x 148mm (A5)
- 297mm x 210mm (A4)
- 297mm x 420mm (A3)
We can produce any other size you may require from 40mm x 40mm up to a maximum of 420mm x 297mm.
Choice of Materials (i.e. "Stock Type and Colour")
- 80gsm copier. The available shades are White, Cream/Vellum, Sunlight Yellow, Celestial Blue, Jade and Ivory
- 100gsm Executive cartridge paper. The available shades are White, Cream/Vellum, Sunlight Yellow, Celestial Blue, Jade and Ivory
- 100gsm Conqueror Laid. The available shades are Brilliant White, Diamond White, High White and Cream
- 100gsm Conqueror Wove. The available shades are Brilliant White, Diamond White, High White and Cream
- 105gsm Mellotex Smooth Ultra White
- 115gsm triple coated gloss art
- 115gsm triple coated silk
- 120gsm Executive cartridge paper. The available shades are White, Cream/Vellum, Sunlight Yellow, Celestial Blue, Jade and Ivory
- 120gsm Conqueror CX22 Diamond White
- 150gsm Executive uncoated
- 150gsm triple coated gloss art
- 150gsm triple coated silk
- 200gsm triple coated gloss art
- 200gsm triple coated silk
- 250gsm Executive uncoated
- 280gsm triple coated gloss art
- 280gsm triple coated silk
- 300gsm Conqueror Laid board. The available shades are Brilliant White, Diamond White, High White and Cream
- 300gsm Conqueror Wove board. The available shades are Brilliant White, Diamond White, High White and Cream
- 320gsm Conqueror CX22 Diamond White board
- 350gsm matt art card (also known as 350gsm triple coated silk)
- 400gsm matt art card (also known as 400gsm triple coated silk)
The spot colour inks required
The Pantone spot colour inks fall into certain categories. There are the wide range of standard Pantone colours and also the more exotic Pantone Metallic, Pantone Fluorescent and Pantone X2 ink colours. The Metallic inks are more expensive than the standard Pantone inks; the Fluorescent inks are more expensive than the Metallic inks and the X2 (which require the ink to be printed twice) are the most expensive. As you specify the number of each kind of Pantone ink types you require, the prices in the table will update to reflect the ink cost.
Print Finishing (i.e. Folding etc.)
If you would like your job to be folded, perforated, creased, round cornered and/or drilled then please select the Finishing box under the Optional Extras heading and make you selection. The figures in the price table will automatically update to include the cost of the finishing.
Production times for Spot Pantone Colour Printing
The following choices of turnaround times are available.
Express turnaround – this is our standard printing speed.
Express Plus turnaround – this is quicker than our standard printing speed, taking approximately half the time, consequently it is more expensive.
Economy turnaround – this is twice as long as our standard "Express Turnaround" printing speed and is therefore cheaper.
The number of working days required to produce your Spot Pantone Colour Printed job varies depending on which material you have selected. The timing is shown under the Product Description at the foot of the page and also in the Shopping Basket and on your Order Confirmation.
If you require extra finishing, the number of working days will increase by a day or two. The despatch time, including the time required for the extra finishing, will be updated accordingly.
For a day to be treated as the first working day, we require your printing order and payment along with print quality artwork before 10am. Alternatively, for an additional charge, you can delay the printing order, payment and print quality artwork cut-off time to 3.30pm.
Artwork and PDF requirements for Spot Pantone Colour Printing
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished job, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork.
- We need a "quiet area" to ensure nothing important is too near to the edge of the finished item; so please leave a 5mm inner margin for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply files to us in spot colour, not RGB please
- Image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes
If you would like to download a PDF template you can do so from the Templates page which is also accessible via the top menu bar.
We will be closed for Christmas from 5.30pm on 20th December and will re-open at 9am on 2nd January.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year!