Our Postcards are litho printed on postcard board (i.e. coated on the front, uncoated on the reverse). As an option, they can be either gloss or matt laminated one side or both sides.
Our standard sizes are:
- 105mm x 148mm (A6)
- 148mm x 210mm (A5)
- 210mm x 297mm (A4)
- 99mm x 210mm (DL)
- 148mm x 148mm (148mm square)
- 210mm x 210mm (210mm square)
Lamination of Postcards
Postcards can be Gloss or Matt Laminated on one side or both sides. Laminating does not add any additional time to the turnaround of Postcards.
Litho and Digital Printing
If you only require a small quantity of Postcards, Digital Printing is cheaper than Litho Printing – as the quantity increases, Litho Printing becomes much cheaper than Digital Printing. Digital Printing also allows you to have different artwork on every copy.
Production times for Printing Postcards
Our Postcards are delivered in 7 working days but if you need them faster, give us a call, although it is likely the cost will increase.
When ordering from www.CheapBooklets.co.uk, a day will be treated as the first working day when your printing order, payment and print quality artwork is supplied by 3.30pm, but we will accept orders after this time if our schedule allows.
Artwork and PDF requirements for Postcards
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your Postcard artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service from £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished Postcard, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a "quiet area" to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the Postcard; so please leave a 5mm inner margin for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your Postcard artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- The image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes
If you would like to download a PDF template you can do so from the Templates page which is also accessible via the top menu bar.