We can produce beautifully printed books in black only or full colour. The printing orientation of your Perfect Bound Book can be landscape (i.e. bound on the short edge) or portrait (i.e. bound on the long edge).
Perfect Bound Book Printing Sizes
Our standard book printing sizes are:
- 148mm x 105mm (A6 portrait)
- 210mm x 148mm (A5 portrait)
- 297mm x 210mm (A4 portrait)
- 148mm x 210mm (A5 landscape)
- 210mm x 297mm (A4 landscape)
- 210mm x 210mm (210mm square)
Number of pages in a Perfect Bound Book
Some people who are unfamiliar with printing jargon get confused over the meaning of the word "pages" of a book (sometimes thinking it means "leaves"). If you imagine that you are reading a book with numbered pages starting at page number 1, then when you turn the page the other side is page number 2 and so on – this is what we (and the rest of the printing industry) mean by pages.
When printing and binding a book we need to have a number of pages which are divisible by four. The minimum number of pages for printing a perfect bound book is 40, excluding cover. The cover can be on different material as the text.
Choice of paper and board for Perfect Bound Books
We offer a choice of printing on uncoated, gloss coated and silk coated materials in various weights ranging from 100gsm to 170gsm.
Production times for Printing Perfect Bound Books
Our Books are delivered in 9 working days but if you need them faster, give us a call, although it is likely the cost will increase.
When ordering from www.CheapBooklets.co.uk, a day will be treated as the first working day when your printing order, payment and print quality artwork is supplied by 3.30pm, but we will accept orders after this time if our schedule allows.
Artwork and PDF requirements for Perfect Bound Books
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your Perfect Bound Book artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service from £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished book, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a "quiet area" to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the Perfect Bound Book; so please leave a 5mm inner margin for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your book artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- The image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes
If you would like to download a PDF template you can do so from the Templates page which is also accessible via the top menu bar.
We will be closed for Christmas from 5.30pm on 20th December and will re-open at 9am on 2nd January.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year!