"No Carbon Required" or NCR paper enables hand writing or typing to be duplicated onto all layers of a multipart set. NCR is ideal for Invoices, Orders, Delivery Notes etc. The minimum quantity is 250 sets.
The difference between Sets, Pads and Books:
- Sets – the multipart NCR item is glued as an individual group of leaves e.g. a top sheet, a middle sheet and a bottom sheet.
- Pads – many multipart NCR Sets, perhaps 50 sets, are glued together onto a greyboard backing card to form a pad with a cover.
- Books – if you wish to retain one of the leaves of each multipart NCR Set, the glued pad needs to be strengthened by stab-stitching through all of the leaves and through the greyboard backing card. Those leaves which you wish to detach will be perforated and the one you wish to keep in the book will not be perforated.
NCR Sets, Pads & Books Sizes
Our standard sizes are:
- 99mm x 210mm (1/3 A4)
- 210mm x 148mm (A5)
- 297mm x 210mm (A4)
- 297mm x 420mm (A3)
We can produce any other size you may require from 99mm x 148.5mm up to a maximum of 297mm x 420mm.
Print Finishing (i.e. Padding, Numbering, Drilling etc.)
If you would like your NCR Sets to be padded, serial numbered and/or drilled then please tick the Finishing box and make your selection. If you have not selected perforating when describing your leaves only glue will be used to form glued Pads. If you have selected perforating then the Pads will be stab stitched to form Books. The figures in the price table will automatically update to include the cost of the finishing.
Production times for printing NCR Sets, NCR Pads and NCR Books
Regardless of whether you just need simple Sets, glued Pads or stab stitched Books with perforation, drilling and numbering, the following choices of turnaround times are available.
Express turnaround – your NCR printing order will be despatched in four working days.
Express Plus turnaround – your NCR printing order will be despatched in three working days.
Economy turnaround – your NCR printing order will be despatched in eight working days.
For a day to be treated as the first working day, we require your printing order and payment along with print quality artwork before 10am. Alternatively, for an additional charge, you can delay the printing order, payment and print quality artwork cut-off time to 3.30pm.
Artwork and PDF requirements
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished job, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a "quiet area" to ensure nothing important is too near to the edge of the finished item; so please leave a 5mm inner margin for anything other than backgrounds, 10mm on the padded edge and 15mm for perforations.
- Supply files to us in Pantone colours, not RGB please
- Image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes
We will be closed for Christmas from 5.30pm on 20th December and will re-open at 9am on 2nd January.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year!