Our Self-Adhesive Labels are printed on a white semi-gloss paper with permanent self-adhesive on the back. The permanent (i.e. it is difficult to remove once it has been stuck onto something) adhesive is protected by a peelable backing paper, which has parallel splits running across it for ease of use. The minimum quantity of 250.
Our standard sizes are:
- 55mm x 85mm (Credit Card)
- 110mm x 85mm (Double Credit Card size)
- 170mm x 55mm (Also, Double Credit Card size)
- 105mm x 148mm (A6)
- 99mm x 210mm (1/3 A4)
- 210mm x 148mm (A5)
- 297mm x 210mm (A4)
- 250mm x 250mm (250 square)
- 118mm diameter (CD)
If you require a different size to those shown above, just select the next size up from your finished size and we will trim the labels free of charge.
Print Finishing (i.e. Round Cornering or Die-Cutting)
Round Cornering – If you would like your Labels to be round cornered please tick the Finishing box under the Optional Extras heading and select Round Cornering. As you will see, you can choose one, two, three or all four corners and either a 3mm radius or a 10mm radius. The figures in the price table will automatically update to include the cost of the finishing.
Die-Cutting – Labels which are A6, A5, A4 or 250mm square can be cut to shape. You can have the label and backing paper completely cut out or you can have the labels "Kiss-Cut", which means the backing paper will still be intact in its original size, holding one or more labels. There will be a one-off cutter cost of about £40 (the cutter price will vary depending on the complexity of the shape), plus a set-up charge of £30 and a running cost of £20 per 1,000. There isn't a box to tick under Finishing for Die-Cutting, so please put a note of your requirement under Special Instructions.
Production times for printing Self-Adhesive Labels
If your Labels only require printing and trimming (or in the case of CD labels, die-cutting) with no extra finishing, the following choices of turnaround times are available.
Express turnaround – your Self-Adhesive Label printing order will be despatched in five working days.
Express Plus turnaround – your Self-Adhesive Label printing order will be despatched in three working days.
Economy turnaround – your Self-Adhesive Label printing order will be despatched in ten working days.
If you require extra finishing, the number of working days will increase by a day or two.
For a day to be treated as the first working day, we require your printing order and payment along with print quality artwork before 10am. Alternatively, for an additional charge, you can delay the printing order, payment and print quality artwork cut-off time to 3.30pm.
Artwork and PDF requirements
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished job, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork.
- We need a "quiet area" to ensure nothing important is too near to the edge of the finished item; so please leave a 5mm inner margin for anything other than backgrounds.
- Supply files to us in CMYK, not RGB please.
- Image resolution should be 300dpi or more.
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes.
If you would like to download a PDF template you can do so from the Templates page which is also accessible via the top menu bar.