We offer two different types of printed card sleeves to hold DVDs or CDs. Both are litho printed on 450gsm matt art board or digitally printed on 400gsm in Full Colour and can be unlaminated, gloss laminated or matt laminated. The minimum recommended quantity for litho printing is 250, but you can have as few as you like printed digitally.
Type A Open Ended CD or DVD Sleeve
The Type A sleeve is a (very nearly) 123mm square "envelope", which is sealed on three edges and open on one edge. If you are old enough to know what an LP is, it's the same principle used for sleeves which protected LPs. The disc slides in and out of the open edge. The card is printed one side only, because you can't see the other side which forms in the inner faces on the sleeve.
Type B Encased CD or DVD Sleeve
This design of sleeve, known as Type B, is a 124mm square similar to Type A, but with an additional 124mm square hinged flap which can be printed on both sides – which closes over the opening into which the disc slides, giving added protection and more surface area for printing additional wording or jazzy graphics.
It is a good idea to protect the card CD/DVD Sleeves by adding lamination, particularly if a printed image extends over the creases which might crack if left unlaminated. Matt and gloss lamination are available.
Production times for Printing CD & DVD Sleeves
Our CD & DVD Sleeves are delivered in 6 working days but if you need them faster, give us a call, although it is likely the cost will increase.
When ordering from www.CheapBooklets.co.uk, a day will be treated as the first working day when your printing order, payment and print quality artwork is supplied by 3.30pm, but we will accept orders after this time if our schedule allows.
Artwork and PDF requirements for CD & DVD Sleeves
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your CD & DVD Sleeve artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service from £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished CD & DVD Sleeve, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a "quiet area" to ensure nothing important is too near to the trimmed edge of the CD & DVD Sleeve; so please leave a 5mm inner margin for anything other than backgrounds
- Supply your CD & DVD Sleeve artwork files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- The image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes
If you would like to download a PDF template you can do so from the Templates page which is also accessible via the top menu bar.