We can produce beautifully printed CD & DVD Case booklets in black only, spot colour or full colour. CD booklets are square. DVD booklets can be landscape (i.e. bound on the short edge) or portrait (i.e. bound on the long edge).
CD & DVD Case Booklets Sizes
Our standard sizes are:
- 120mm x 120mm (CD booklet)
- 180mm x 120mm (DVD booklet)
We can produce any other size of book or booklet you may require from 99mm x 99mm up to a maximum of 297mm x 210mm or 210mm x 297mm. Please see the Books & Booklets Prices page.
Number of pages
Some people who are unfamiliar with printing jargon get confused over the meaning of the word "pages" (sometimes thinking it means "leaves"). If you imagine that you are reading a book with numbered pages starting at page number 1, then when you turn the page the other side is page number 2 and so on – this is what we (and the rest of the printing industry) mean by pages.
CD & DVD booklets need to have a number of pages which are divisible by four. The minimum number of pages that a booklet could have is eight – four pages of text and a four page cover. The cover can be on the same material as the text (this is known as a self-cover booklet).
When you are answering the questions on our price calculator page, please let us know the total number of pages including the cover, then tell us how many of the text pages are in colour and/or black and white and/or spot colour. Finally, we need to know the colour of the cover, the material for the cover and whether you would like it to be unlaminated, gloss laminated or matt laminated.
Choice of paper and board
We offer a choice of uncoated, gloss coated and silk coated materials in various weights ranging from 100gsm to 300gsm. The Executive materials are uncoated.
When you are using our price calculator to work out your price, you first choose the paper (or board) for the text, then choose the paper (or board) for the cover.
Colour of the printing
Unlike most printing companies, if you choose to have a mixture of full colour, spot colour and/or black only pages we do not mind where they fall in the CD or DVD booklet. We only require that the total number of each type of page is divisible by four.
Our prices assume that the inside covers are printed in the same colour as the outside covers – if the inside covers are not printed at all, it will not save any money.
There are three binding methods available:
- Saddle stitched – this means they are stapled through the spine
- Loop stitched – similar to saddle stitched, but with hooks on the wires to enable the booklets to be held in a ring binder without drilling the booklet. This may make the booklets difficult to fit into a CD or DVD Case
- Perfect bound – these have a square back and the pages are glued into the cover, like a paperback book
Production times for printing CD & DVD Case Booklets
The following choices of turnaround times are available for printing your CD and DVD Case Booklets.
Express turnaround – your CD and DVD Case Booklet printing order will be despatched in four working days.
Express Plus turnaround – your CD and DVD Case Booklet printing order will be despatched in two working days.
Economy turnaround – your CD and DVD Case Booklet printing order will be despatched in eight working days.
The despatch time will be shown in the Product Description.
For a day to be treated as the first working day, we require your printing order and payment along with print quality artwork before 10am. Alternatively, for an additional charge, you can delay the printing order, payment and print quality artwork cut-off time to 3.30pm.
Artwork and PDF requirements
- We operate a PDF workflow, so please supply your artwork as a Press Quality PDF. If you prefer, we can create a PDF for you, in which case we will email a proof to you for approval. There is an additional charge for this PDF creation service of £20 plus VAT.
- If any print reaches the edge of your finished job, please add 3mm bleed to all sides of your artwork
- We need a "quiet area" to ensure nothing important is too near to the edge of the finished item; so please leave a 5mm inner margin for anything other than backgrounds. For perfect bound CD or DVD Books, please leave a quiet area of 15mm on the spine-side edge of your text pages and inside cover pages
- Supply files to us in CMYK, not RGB please
- Image resolution should be 300dpi or more
- Please embed fonts or convert all of your text to shapes
We will be closed for Christmas from 5.30pm on 20th December and will re-open at 9am on 2nd January.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year!